Career Opportunities: National Check Cashers
Job Title: Branch Loan Specialist
Reports To: District Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Receives and pays out money, and keeps records of money and negotiable instruments involved in financial transactions and provides a friendly, courteous and safe work environment by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes but is not limited to the following:
- Receives checks for purchases and cash for account payments, verifies amount, and examines checks for proper endorsements.
- Cashes checks and pays out money after verification of signatures, customer balances and where required appropriate approvals.
- Enters customers’ transactions into computer to record transactions, and issues computer generated receipts.
- Provides daily customer service both in person as well as by answering telephone.
- Orders daily supply of cash, and counts incoming cash.
- Balances currency, coin, and checks in cash drawer at end of shift and compares totaled amounts with data displayed on computer screen.
- Explains, promotes, or sells products or services such as Western Union, lottery, and money orders. Opens new accounts.
- Maintains branch cleanliness during downtime and between customers.
- Maintains branch security protocol by following company security policies and procedures.
- Promotes a cooperative and friendly working environment with co-workers.
- Maintains properly working equipment at the branch by replacing ink cartridges, paper, etc.
- Performs any other duties as they may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school education or GED; or up to one (1) month related banking, cashier or check cashing experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentages.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
While this position does not require any certificates it does require a valid driver’s license as this position may periodically be asked to conduct teller relief at other branch locations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and sit. The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
To be successful in this position an individual must be able to manage their time well, prioritize their tasks, be dependable, and maintain confidentiality when it comes to company and customer information.
To apply for the position, please attach your resume to the form below:
Loans marketed through nationalcheckcashers.com are arranged by Preferred Loans, LLC, a licensed Credit Services Organization CS.900212.000, with OHSCO d/b/a Buckeye Loan Company), an unaffiliated third party lender.